Does My Commercial Property Contain Asbestos?



Asbestos is a naturally found mineral and has been around for centuries and was used for all types of construction. It was mostly used for construction materials in India, till 2011. Due to its hazardous and carcinogenic properties, Supreme Court of India banned manufacturing of this deadly mineral in India.  Till then asbestos had been used to build factories and businesses properties throughout the country. It wasn’t until a few decades ago that people began to take notice of asbestos exposure and health problems. Asbestos exposure is known to cause respiratory issues, as well as, different types of cancers, and eventually death. Asbestos is very hazardous to your health and could be present inside your commercial property.

Properties built before the 90s are at the biggest risk, but properties that were built into the 90s have been found to have trace amounts of asbestos in the construction materials. Asbestos was used in many different types of construction materials, including the following:

• Insulation

• Popcorn Ceilings

• Adhesives

• Wallpapers

• Caulking

• Tiles and Roofing

Above are the most common places asbestos is usually used. Since asbestos was durable and heat-resistant, it was a great option for construction materials.

What Should You Do?

If you own a property that was constructed in the 90s, you should have an asbestos test completed on your premises. Asbestos inspections are the only way to determine if your property has asbestos. You should always have a certified asbestos abatement specialist like EPSCO India conduct the Asbestos Abatement Test. Our tests are thorough, as your entire property is checked for asbestos. If you do have asbestos present, we will walk you through the process and safely remove the asbestos from your premise. During this time, you will need to vacate your business premise, as asbestos removal is dangerous. Once the final inspection is completed, you will be able to return. It is also important to have an asbestos abatement test completed before doing any remodelling, as remodelling is sure to disturb the asbestos fibres and cause it to become airborne and expose the people in your commercial property. Please remember asbestos is dangerous and can cause cancer.

Need Help? Chat with us!
Start a Conversation
Hi! Click one of our members below to chat on WhatsApp
We usually reply in a few minutes
This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. By browsing this website, you agree to our use of cookies.