Heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) is essential in most settings to ensure a pleasant, comfortable and safe work environment. This system is a lot like our respiratory system. Once it breathes in a certain air, it circulates it and ensures that the air and particles reach every nook and corner of the indoor environment. But the worst part is that it circulates the same air several times during the day. Our lifestyle adds pollutants to the indoor air like dust, mites, mold, bacteria, pollen, smoke, tobacco and pet hair. And they all let bacteria and mold grow and circulate in our indoor living environment.
These contaminants cause the cooling and heating system to work harder and thereby shorten the life of these systems. As a result 25%-40% of the energy used for heating or cooling is wasted. When an HVAC system is clean, it doesn’t have to work as hard to maintain the temperature you desire. As a result, less energy is used, leading to improved cost-effectiveness.
An Overview of the Process
- During cleaning, the entire HVAC system is placed under continuous negative pressure (with a vacuum) to prevent the spread of contaminants.
- Continuous negative pressure allows very fine particles to be removed from the system as they become airborne, ensuring that these particles are not released into the living space when the system is turned on after cleaning.
- This negative pressure also serves to extract the loosened contaminants, which are collected and removed from your home.
EPSCO Envirotech cleans the complete air duct system as per global standards. These standards produced by NADCA (National Air Duct Cleaners Association) are used worldwide to ensure systems are professionally cleaned.
Advantages of clean ducts apart from the obvious health benefits are:
- Increased employee productivity – healthier people make better workers and reduce absenteeism
- Reduced Housekeeping Costs – the HVAC system is not pumping dirty air into the indoor air
- Increased air flow – Air moves unobstructed by debris build up, blowers and fans do not need to cycle as long or as often.
- Energy Saving – as motors and drivers do not work as hard, less energy is consumed by the system.